Your HP Pavilion DV6500 uses the BIOS program to save settings such as the boot order, which controls how the laptop loads its operating system. If the wrong BIOS options are changed it can cause system instability and operating system crashes. It isn't necessary to manually fix every single setting that has been changed if several options have been modified, however; the Pavilion DV6500's BIOS includes an option to automatically reset all the options at the same time.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Shut down the HP Pavilion DV6500, then press the power button to turn it back on. Tap the "F10" key when the HP manufacturer logo appears during the laptop's boot sequence.
Press the Pavilion DV6500's right arrow key four times to scroll over to the tab labelled "Exit." Press the down arrow key three times to highlight the option labelled "Load Setup Defaults."
Press Enter to reset all the Pavilion DV6500's BIOS settings back to their factory defaults. Tap the down arrow key twice to highlight "Save Changes and Exit."
Press Enter to restart the HP Pavilion DV6500 and save the default BIOS menu options.
Tips and warnings
- The options in each BIOS tab can also be reset one by one. Navigate to the tab you want to reset and press "F5" to load the default configuration. Return to the "Exit" tab and select "Save Changes and Exit," or simply press "F10" to save the changes and exit the BIOS menu.
- If you want to exit the BIOS menu without saving the default options, select "Exit Discarding Changes" in the "Exit" tab, then press Enter.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for