There are many ways to make dinosaur models. Making a realistic model does require some artistic ability, but almost anyone can have fun with this project and create something that looks similar to a dinosaur. One of the easiest ways to make a model is to wrap paper maché around an armature. You probably have most of the necessary materials around the house, and you can get the armature wire in a crafts store.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Armature wire
- Picture of a dinosaur
- White flour
- Bowl with 1-2 cups of water
- Acrylic paints
- Paint brushes
Set the dinosaur picture in front of you.
Bend and twist the armature wire into a shape that resembles the dinosaur in the picture. Be sure to make solid feet so the dinosaur can stand alone.
Use your fingers to mix some flour into the bowl of water until you have a runny paste.
Tear the newspaper into small strips, and dip one piece at a time in the water and flour mixture. Hold each strip over the bowl, and remove excess paste by running the strips between two fingers.
Place strips in a random pattern on the dinosaur armature until it is completely covered and takes the appropriate shape.
Allow your dinosaur model to dry for 24 to 48 hours. Then paint it with acrylic paints.
Tips and warnings
- Lay thick layers of newspaper strips on parts of the dinosaur to conceal the shape of the wire and to give the dinosaur a full and realistic look.
- Drying times may vary depending on your climate.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for