Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) mobile carriers do not use SIM cards. Instead they rely on an activation system that uses the unique mobile identification number for each phone. CDMA mobile carriers will activate your new BlackBerry Curve in their stores or over the phone. On the other hand, if you would like to complete the phone activation yourself, your mobile carrier website also has an Internet interface to help you.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Charge your BlackBerry Curve until the battery is full. Dial *#06# to display the 15-digit International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number. Write down the number.
Log into your CMDA mobile carrier's website. Click "Activate new phone." Select your BlackBerry Curve phone number that you want to activate.
Enter the IMEI number you found in Step 1. Enter a valid e-mail address to receive a phone activation confirmation. Click "Activate" and wait for the confirmation e-mail to begin using your BlackBerry Curve.
Tips and warnings
- Phone activation confirmation can take up to 30 minutes to register. If, after that time, you have still not received the confirmation message to the email address you provided, contact your CDMA mobile carrier for assistance.
- While these are general instructions to activating a BlackBerry Curve on a CDMA network, there may be small variations with your specific mobile carrier's website. If you have any trouble completing the phone activation, contact your cellphone provider's customer service. The representative can either walk your through the online phone activation or complete it for you over the phone.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for