Working as a celebrity nanny may seem like a dream job. Many celebrity nannies get the chance to live in beautiful homes and travel the world. When it comes to celebrity nannies, however, higher pay usually means higher demands. Nannies who work for celebrities must adapt to hectic schedules and long work hours, and may have to deal with unusual situations like avoiding the paparazzi. Being well educated in the childcare field and having a great list of work references will increase your chances of becoming a celebrity nanny.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Childcare classes
- CPR certificate
- First aid certificate
- Nanny agency
Work with children as a nanny or in another professional childcare setting. Get a college degree in a child-related subject like early childhood education or childhood development. Some celebrity nannies have only a high school education, but most high-end nannies have one or more child-related degrees and plenty of experience working with children. In some cases, celebrities prefer nannies with teaching degrees who can home-school their children.
Get your CPR and first aid certifications so you can properly handle any childcare emergencies that may arise. Most celebrity parents also want their nannies to drive, so you will need to have a valid driver's license.
Make a professional nanny resume listing all of your childcare qualifications and experience. Include your educational background and a quality set of references. Get two or three letters of recommendation from quality sources.
Give yourself a makeover. Although celebrity nannies do not have to look like celebrities, they do need to have a polished appearance, especially while applying for jobs. Cut and style your hair, give yourself a manicure and buy an appropriate wardrobe.
Apply at well-known nanny agencies in celebrity-filled areas such as Los Angeles or New York. Ask other experienced nannies which agencies deal with celebrity clients. High-end nanny agencies have strict requirements, so do your research before applying.
Send a letter to celebrity parents through their agent or personal manager. Make your letter brief and highly professional, letting the family know a little bit about your qualifications and availability. Stick to the topic of child care and include your resume
Look for opportunities to show celebrities how well you interact with children. Take on small babysitting jobs for celebrity parents or volunteer at their child's school. Become friends with other celebrity nannies who may have the inside scoop on which famous parents need a nanny. Carry a professional set of business cards at all times in case someone asks for your contact information.
Tips and warnings
- When you are hired as a nanny, you will likely have to sign a confidentiality agreement. Make sure you understand what this agreement requires before signing.
- Be prepared to undergo a thorough background check and possibly a psychological examination.
- If you do not live near any celebrity families, you will likely need to relocate in order to find work as a celebrity nanny.
- Celebrity nannies are often required to travel with the children and their parents. The parents may have several different homes in different states or countries. You must be must be willing to travel when required.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for