Flower seeds and seed packets are perfect favours for a garden-themed wedding. Flower seeds symbolise growth and beauty, as does a marriage. Choose any seed that matches the theme and season of your wedding. Presentation goes a long way with simple favours such as seeds.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Flower seed packets
- Small terra cotta pots
- Paper Easter grass
- Floral foam
- Fake, fresh or candy flowers
- Label paper
- Small bottles or drawstring bags
- String and tags
Fill small terra cotta flower pots half-full with floral foam or paper Easter grass. This allows the seed packets to stick out above the rim of the pot, for a more attractive presentation.
Tie a thick ribbon around the pot in either white or the colours of the wedding. Use raffia, straw, long grass, or any other type of ribbon to decorate the pot.
Poke a few fresh, fake or candy flowers into the foam or Easter grass to add decoration. In the centre of the pot, place two to three flower seed packets. Fill any open spaces with extra paper Easter grass.
Purchase personalised seed packets through a wedding favour company. If you prefer to make your own labels for the seeds, create them on the computer and print on label paper to stick directly on the packets. Include the name of the bride and groom, the date of the wedding and the type of seed inside on the label.
Stack two packets together and tie with a ribbon or string. Make sure that the ribbon is not too tight or the presentation will be skewed. Place each seed pack at the head of each place setting.
If you prefer, fill small jars or drawstring bags with your own seeds. Create labels listing the names of the bride and groom, the wedding date and the contents. Use a ribbon to attach the labels to the bags or jars. You must state what type of seed is inside, or it will be extremely difficult for the guest to grow. Consider adding brief planting instructions on the label or inside the container.
Tips and warnings
- Substitute the clay flower pots with miniature watering cans if you prefer.
- To accompany the seed favours, consider giving small trowels with wedding-colour handles, or small pots or vases of already-grown flowers.
- For standing-only receptions, offer door favours by placing a variety of personalised seed packets in large decorative metal or terra cotta garden pots for guests to take as they leave.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for