Mold is a type of fungus that develops in warm moist areas. Mold can be black, white or even a reddish colour. White fluffy mould forms on walls from poor ventilation and a moist environment, such as you might find in a bathroom. Remove mould as soon as possible because the fungus gives off toxic fumes that can damage your health.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Old rags
- Clean cloths
- Fan or electric heater
Wipe the white fluffy mould from the walls with an old rag. Remove all the mould you possibly can, and depose of the rag when finished in an outdoor dustbin.
Sweep up the mould that is on the floor. Remove the sweeper bag from the sweeper, and dispose of it in an outside dustbin.
Mix a solution of one part water and one part bleach into a bucket. Place a large sponge into the bucket, and squeeze out the excess liquid.
Run the sponge along the walls where the white mould was present. Sponge the entire wall, even where you did not see the mould, as some mould spores may be too small to see.
Rinse the walls with cool water and a clean sponge. Dry the walls with clean cloths.
Run a fan or electric heater towards the walls to help them dry out completely.
Tips and warnings
- Run a dehumidifier or an exhaust fan in rooms where moisture accumulates on walls and causes mould to form.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for