Hand washing your Victoria's Secrets bras can prolong their useful life. Machine washing, even if the bras are placed in a lingerie bag, can place extra stress on bras through the violent agitation during the washing and spin cycles. Victoria's Secret recommends hand washing only for the bras they sell. Hand washing may seem tedious but will keep your bras looking and fitting better for a long time.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Gentle washing powder for lingerie
Fill a clean sink with cold water. Add a capful of a gentle detergent for lingerie. Swish your hand around in the water to mix the detergent and water together well.
Add your bra to the sink, pushing it down to submerge it in the soapy water. Allow it to soak for up to half an hour if it is visibly soiled.
Gently rub the fabric together to loosen trapped soil from the fibres. Let the soapy water out of the sink.
Rinse the bra under the sink faucet until the water runs clear. Be sure to rinse the bra well or else it will feel stiff. Gently squeeze any foam-padded areas a few times to fully get out all the detergent residue.
Hang the bra indoors to air-dry or outside in a shady area (sunlight could fade coloured fabrics). Indoors, you can speed up drying by turning on a fan in the room.
Tips and warnings
- Any gentle detergent will do but you can also buy detergents specifically made for lingerie.
- Victoria's Secret recommends cold water only for these bras.
- If you get a greasy stain on your bra, rub a drop of dish detergent into the stain before soaking.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for