A marble gun takes the lowly marble and turns it into a high-speed projectile. You can make your own marble shooting gun from PVC pipe and a few other parts from a hardware store. You will also need some supplies from a hobby store. Experience in using cutting tools is a must, as is the necessity of adult supervision if you are underage. Your marble gun will be very powerful and so should be used with caution.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- PVC pipe, 1/2-inch diameter by 2 feet long
- PVC pipe fitting, 1/2-inch diameter
- PVC ball valve, 1/2-inch diameter
- Tire nipple
- Bicycle pump
- Bonding glue
- PVC pipe, 4-inch diameter by 4 feet long
- PVC pipe cap, 4-inch diameter
- Portable drill
- Drill bit, 1/2-inch
Put a sheet of newspaper on a table. Put the 2-foot length of PVC pipe on its side on the newspaper.
Screw the PVC pipe fitting onto one end of the 2-foot length of PVC pipe.
Put the 4-foot length of PVC pipe down on its side on the newspaper.
Put the 4-inch-diameter PVC pipe cap onto the right end of the 4-foot length of PVC pipe. Apply bonding glue around the PVC pipe cap to adhere it to the PVC pipe. Let the bonding glue set for 4 hours.
Drill a hole in the centre of the PVC pipe cap with the portable drill. Insert one end of the tire nipple into the hole in the PVC pipe cap. Apply bonding glue around the tire nipple to adhere it to the PVC pipe cap. Let the bonding glue set for 4 hours.
Screw the free end of the tire nipple into one end of the PVC ball valve.
Screw the PVC pipe fitting that is at one end of the 2-foot length of PVC pipe onto the other end of the PVC ball valve. The two lengths of PVC pipe are now joined by being connected to the PVC pipe valve.
Screw the nipple at the end of the bicycle pump into the bottom connector of the PVC pipe valve.
Go into your backyard. Pump the bicycle pump a total of 10 times.
Drop a marble down the front end of the marble shooting gun.
Aim the front of your marble shooting gun at a tree or rock that is free of any obstructions around it. Check that there are no people within the firing range.
Turn the PVC pipe valve knob to fire the marble from your marble shooting gun.
Tips and warnings
- Wear protective goggles when firing your marble shooting gun.
- Never aim or fire a marble gun at any living thing or at anything that could be damaged by being hit with the marble.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for