Colloidal silver consists of tiny silver particles floating in water, the same type of silver used in jewellery. Although colloidal silver continues to be used privately as an antiseptic to treat minor infections and to help heal diseases such as HIV, AIDS and cancer, health authorities such as with the Mayo Clinic say using colloidal silver can cause serious health problems including seizures and kidney damage. Sold in health stores with claims stating colloidal silver as nontoxic, people usually take colloidal silver orally, in spray form or by injection. Make your own colloidal silver using Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coins, which have the highest silver purity of .9999.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Six-volt DC transformer
- Wire cutter
- Wire stripper
- 2 alligator clips
- 2 clean, silver Canadian Maple Leaf coins
- 1 gallon of distilled water
- Small fish tank bubble machine
- 2 feet of neoprene tubing
- 236ml. glass
- Glass or plastic bottle with airtight lid
Clip the connector from the end of the DC transformer wire.
Separate the two wires carefully, then strip off the insulation one inch down from each wire using a wire stripper.
Connect the lead from each wire to the clip.
Clamp a silver coin to each side of an 236ml. glass using alligator clips.
Place the neoprene tubing in the bottom of the glass. The tubing sometimes comes with the fish tank bubble machine. Neoprene tubing exists as a black, flexible, synthetic rubber tubing that resists corrosion from chemicals.
Pour distilled water into the glass to the bottom of the alligator clips only. Make certain the metal from the alligator clips never touch the water--you only want the silver coins to contact the water.
Plug in your newly created fish tank bubbler machine transformer and allow it to run for about five hours.
Remove the silver coins carefully to prevent the residue that formed on them from getting into the colloidal silver solution you made. You can also siphon the solution using the neoprene tubing into a clean bottle, preferably made of glass or plastic. Make certain you have an air tight lid for the bottle.
Store the tightly sealed colloidal silver in a dark location. You now have a solution made with 5 parts colloidal silver per million parts water or 5 ppm. Clean your silver coins using soapy water for the next batch. You have the ability to make more colloidal silver than you will ever use.
Tips and warnings
- Although already inexpensive, purchase your 6-volt DC transformer at a flea market for around 50 cents.
- As of April 2010, the price of an ounce of silver runs about £11. Canadian Maple Leaf coins contain about 34gr of silver. Buy them for about £13 each.
- Consult with your doctor or health care provider before treating yourself with colloidal silver if you suspect you may be pregnant.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for