Over time, expensive crystal can get damaged. If you have some chipped pieces, there is a simple way to remove these chips from your crystal and have it looking almost new.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Crystal saver diamond file
- Silicon carbide wet/dry 600 grit sandpaper
- Damp cloth
Wipe the surface with a soft cloth to remove any dirt or dust particles.
Moisten the crystal diamond file and gently file the chipped edges. This tool has a very fine coating of diamonds which makes it strong enough to repair the crystal without damaging the surface. Once the jagged edges are smooth, buff with a clean cloth.
Another easy way to repair crystal is to use a piece of silicon carbide 600 grit sandpaper. Moisten the sandpaper and gently file the jagged edges. Once the chip is smooth, buff with a clean cloth.
Repairing Lead Crystal
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for