Like any other floor, rubber floors look best when they are regularly maintained. However, rubber flooring resists dust, allergens and water better than most other floor types, which means it's harder to damage and easier to maintain. Neither mould nor fungi will grow on the surface, which you can buff to gleaming if you wish.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Rubber flooring
- Vacuum cleaner or broom
- Nylon deck brush or clean rayon mop
- Rubber floor cleaner
- Rubber floor conditioner
- Buffing machine (350 RPMs)
Sweep or vacuum your rubber floor to pick up loose dirt, dust and debris.
Mop the floor with a rubber floor cleaner, which is typically diluted in water. Refer to the manufacturer's directions for specific dilution amounts. Avoid creating too many suds by pouring the cleaning solution into a bucket of water (versus pouring the water into a bucket containing the solution). Then mop the floor using a nylon deck brush or a clean rayon mop and allow the mopped floor to dry completely.
Shine your rubber floor by applying a rubber floor conditioner, following the manufacturer's directions; then buff it using a buffing machine that rotates fewer than 350 times per minute (350 RPM) so as not to damage the floor.
Tips and warnings
- Sweep, vacuum and damp-mop your rubber floor regularly to prevent dirt, dust and debris from building up too heavily on the surface.
- Set door mats and area rugs on heavily trafficked areas of the floor to minimise the amount of dirt distributed across it.
- Don't use steel wool; scouring or scrubbing pads or disks; black, green, red, brown or beige pads; or buffing machines that rotate more than 350 times per minute (350 RPMs).
- Don't clean your rubber floor with products containing turpentine or acetone, which can damage the floor. Avoid other strong cleaners, as well, such as Lestoil, Pinesol and Top Job.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for