With the success of the LCD monitors, the TV industry has jumped at the opportunity to build LCD TVs with VGA inputs. The newer TVs will connect directly to the Internet and download movies and other content. Before you connect your LCD TV to the computer as a monitor, make sure that the TV has the VGA input and is designed for PC use.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Tower with appropriate output
- VGA cable (or S-video or HDMI depending on your computer)
- LCD TV with VGA input (S-video or HDMI)
Identify the type of connection you have on the computer. Some of your options are S-video, HDMI or a VGA to RCA connector. Check your TV and cable to make sure you have the correct cable to connect to the TV.
Place the tower near the TV. Depending on the length of the cable you may have to place the tower on a shelf or directly below the TV.
Connect the cable from the computer to the TV. If your computer has a S-video cable, just connect one end to the computer and the other to the TV. Otherwise, you will need the VGA to RCA or VGA to S-video cable. If your TV has a VGA input, simply attach one end of a VGA cable to the TV and the other to the computer.
Tips and warnings
- Be prepared, the picture will not look as clear as you think.
- Check to make sure that the computer and the TV have the same input before you buy a cable.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for