Wearing a vest is a trend for men that seems to be sticking. Black vests are a good bet if you want to add a little extra something to your wardrobe. Choosing a vest to wear can be challenging; the vest you wear depends on the look that you want to achieve and your body type. Just as with any fashion accessory, tailor a men's vest to show off what's good about you.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Decide what sort of look you want to achieve: sporty, dressy or militaristic, among others. There's a vest for each style: a puffy vest, suit vest and a tactical vest for these three particular looks.
Make sure your vest fits you well. A dressy vest should emphasise the shape of your torso without being constricting. Use the strap in the back of the vest to tighten it if needed. Wear tactical vests tight enough to look good, but loose enough that you can still put things in the pockets. Puffy vests should be comfortable and they're often worn open to reveal the chest.
Try your vest with an outfit. A dressy vest works with a button-down shirt and tie but it can also go with a simple white T-shirt and straight-legged jeans. A tactical vest can be worn with combat boots; jeans and sneakers work, too.
Tips and warnings
- Get a second opinion on your vest. If you look foolish you want someone to tell you before you wear the vest out in public.
- If you don't have a good torso, a vest may not be a good choice. Vests emphasise soft stomachs and flabby arms.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for