Toshiba Satellite laptops come in many configurations, with and without Bluetooth connection. If your Satellite has a Bluetooth Connection, you can link such Bluetooth devices as wireless headsets to your laptop. You can also pair your Bluetooth-compatible cell phone to your laptop to transfer and receive files wirelessly.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Toshiba Satellite laptop
- Bluetooth Dongle (optional)
Turn on your laptop. Wait for the hourglass icon to go away before clicking on anything. If you click anything while the hourglass symbol is still visible, it will slow the system down.
Locate the "Bluetooth symbol" on the Satellite's desktop and double-click it. An applications menu will open; when it does, click "Connections and Settings" then "Bluetooth Discovery Mode."
Click "Enable." This will turn on your Bluetooth connection.
Enabling the Bluetooth
Turn on your external Bluetooth device and enable the Bluetooth connection. Go to the start menu on your PC and locate "Control Panel."
Open the control panel and click "Network and Internet." From here, click "Select a Bluetooth-enabled device."
Click the option that reads, "My device is set up and ready to be found," then click "Next." Find the name of your external Bluetooth device, select it, then click "Next."
Enter the passkey on your PC when prompted. Enter this same passkey on your device.
Pairing the Devices
Right-click the file on your computer that you want to Bluetooth to your cell phone.
Click "Send to," then "Bluetooth device." A box will open called the Bluetooth wizard. When this box opens, select the name of your cell phone, then click "Okay."
Click "Accept" on your cell phone to enable the Bluetooth file transfer.
Transfering Files From Your PC to Your Cell Phone
Tips and warnings
- If Bluetooth did not come installed on your Satellite, you can buy a Bluetooth Dongle, which will work as an external Bluetooth port. A Bluetooth Dongle will let you receive files from and send files to your cell phone, printer, fax machine or other digital Bluetooth device.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for