Working in an office can cause some unusual stains including ink, permanent marker, printer cartridge and even highlighter stains. One of the best ways to remove a permanent highlighter stain is by simply using a few household items.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Absorbent pads
- Rubbing alcohol
- Paper towels
- Liquid dishwashing liquid
Spray a generous amount of hairspray on the stain to loosen it.
Soak your garment in one quart of warm water, one tablespoon of white vinegar, and a 1/2 teaspoon of dishwashing liquid for 30 minutes. Afterwards, rinse your garment with warm water and allow it to air dry.
Place a paper towel beneath your garment to prevent the stain from bleeding through. Apply rubbing alcohol to the stain and cover it with an absorbent cloth to blot up the stain. Change the absorbent pad as the stain is soaked up.
Tips and warnings
- You may have to repeat the steps to totally remove the stain.
- The best application is to start the stain removal process as soon as possible.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for