Action Replay for the Wii works a little differently than the past iterations of the third-party cheats device. Instead of requiring code entry before starting a game, the Wii Action Replay uses pre-formatted Powersaves.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Action Replay Wii Powersaves device
- Nintendo Wii
- Windows-based PC
- MAX Media Manager Pro software (included with Action Replay)
- USB SD card reader
Place the Powersaves SD card into the SD slot on your Nintendo Wii.
Turn on your Wii. On the main menu, select "Wii Options," then "Data Management."
Select "Save Data" and click the picture of the Nintendo Wii. Under the "SD Memory" option, you will see a list of all of the in-box Powersaves included with your Action Replay device.
Copy the Powersave for the game you wish to play from the SD card to your Nintendo Wii's internal memory by selecting it and clicking "Copy." On the confirmation box, select "Yes."
Return to the main menu and start your game. When prompted to load saved game data, select "Yes" or "OK" (depending on the game). You can now access your Powersave!
Using Action Replay Powersaves
Connect the Powersaves SD card to your personal computer using the USB card reader.
Open MAX Media Manager Pro and click the "SAVES-WEB" button. You can find it in the upper-right portion of the window.
Select "Power Saves," then click on the first letter of the game title. As an example, if you were looking for saves for Super Mario Galaxy, you would click "S."
Find the game you wish to download saves for and select it by clicking the title.
Browse through the saves available and find the one you'd like to add to your Wii.
Click the "To SD" checkbox, then hit the "Download" button. Your save is now on your Powersaves SD card, ready to be imported to the Nintendo Wii.
Downloading New Powersaves
Tips and warnings
- Wii Powersaves comes with pre-formatted cheats and saves for hundreds of games, but if you wish to stay up to date, you'll need to connect your device to a computer and download fresh saves as new games come out.
- Powersaves will overwrite any existing save data for your Wii games. Be sure to back them up before using the Powersaves device.
- Powersaves will not work unless you have played the game you are attempting to modify at least once on your Nintendo Wii.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for