The Xbox 360 comes standard with a Multi AV cable that allows you to connect the system to standard definition inputs or high definition component inputs. Microsoft also released an Xbox 360 VGA cable that allows you to connect to VGA inputs. You can connect the Xbox 360 to a computer monitor that has DVI inputs by using the VGA cable and a VGA to DVI adaptor.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Female VGA to male DVI adaptor
Insert the Xbox end of the VGA cable into the AV input on the back of your Xbox 360 console.
Insert the VGA end of the cable into the VGA input on the VGA to DVI adaptor.
Insert the DVI end of the adaptor into the DVI input on your monitor.
Connect the audio cables into your speakers. You may need an RCA to 3.5mm audio adaptor if your speakers do not have the red and white RCA audio inputs.
Turn on your Xbox and configure your video settings. You will need to set your Xbox to a resolution that is compatible with your monitor.
Tips and warnings
- If you do not get any video after you first plug in the DVI adaptor, you may have to reset your Xbox to the default video settings. To do this, restart the console and hold down the "Y" button and the "Right Trigger" on the controller.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for