Barracuda is a powerful web-filtering firewall that is employed at schools, offices and even homes to filter out content that is not deemed suitable by them. Normally, the aim is to create a bridge between the user and the host site by filtering out unwanted contact. Though there exists no way to unblock a Barracuda (unless you happen to be the administrator), there is a way that lets you go past the filter and bridge the gap.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Proxy server
Choose a proxy server on the Internet. A proxy server is an intermediary that lets you surf the sites you want without revealing your identity. There are many sites on the web where proxy servers are available.
Visit one such site. There is a clearly demarcated tab on each proxy server site. Enter the URL you wish to visit, (e.g., www.amazon.com) in this tab. Press "Enter."
Wait to be redirected to the URL you entered. You have gone past the Barracuda web filter.
Tips and warnings
- Change proxy sites and servers frequently.
- The above-mentioned process at places such as schools is illegal as per U.S. laws, hence, be careful.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for