Water soluble vitamin C helps the body repair tissues, heal wounds and build strong bones. Our bodies don't naturally produce vitamin C, so we must get the nutrient from supplements or food, including strawberries, leafy greens and citrus juice. Many vitamin C supplements are available, but some dissolve more easily than others. If a supplement doesn't dissolve well, then our bodies aren't able to absorb the vitamin C. For a science fair project, determine which brands of vitamin C supplements dissolve most easily.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 3 glasses of hot water
- 3 brands of vitamin C supplements
Fill 3 clear glasses with hot water at 37 degrees C.
Drop 1 vitamin C tablet from each brand in each glass.
Check the glasses every five minutes. Note which tablet dissolves first. Stop the test after 20 minutes.
Record the results for your science fair.
Dissolving Vitamin C
Tips and warnings
- Supplements that don't dissolve in 20 minutes most likely won't be used by the body.
- Make an illustrated poster detailing the results of your experiment.
- Eating vitamin C rich food is the best way to get the vitamin C you need. Display vitamin C rich foods include strawberries, oranges, and kiwis.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for