Stainless steel refrigerators are an expensive upgrade for any kitchen, and, unfortunately, they are not as durable as their name suggests. If you manage to get the refrigerator installed without damaging it you can count yourself lucky, but be careful the first time you attempt to open the doors all the way. Oftentimes the doors will bump up against cabinets or other appliances, causing dents in the stainless steel. Before you consider buying a replacement door, try this auto body dent removal trick to fix the dent in your stainless steel refrigerator.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Damp rag
- Hair dryer
- Air duster
- Stainless steel cleaner
Wipe off the dented surface of your stainless steel refrigerator with a clean, damp rag. Plug your hair dryer into an electrical socket so that it will easily reach the dent in your stainless steel refrigerator. Place the air duster on a counter within arm's reach.
Point the hair dryer at the dent on your stainless steel refrigerator and turn it on to the highest heat setting. The hair dryer nozzle should be approximately an inch away from the surface of the refrigerator. Slowly move the hairdryer back and forth over the dented surface, heating the dent for one minute. Turn off the hair dryer.
Immediately pick up the air duster, holding it upside down so that the top is facing the floor. Spray the entire dented area of your stainless steel refrigerator with liquid carbon dioxide for 30 seconds.
Wait while the extreme temperature difference between the heated stainless steel and the liquid carbon dioxide causes the dent in your refrigerator to pop out.
Use your damp rag to clean off any excess liquid carbon dioxide. Clean the area you removed the dent from with a stainless steel cleaner.
Tips and warnings
- If the dent does not pop out of your stainless steel refrigerator on the first try, heat the dent with the hair dryer again for 90 seconds and reapply the liquid carbon dioxide.
- You must hold the air duster upside down in order to dispense liquid carbon dioxide; otherwise, only compressed air will come out.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for