Water guns are traditionally weak as they rely on the small amount of air created by the trigger being pulled to shoot out the water. You can make a water gun using a water hose nozzle that will mix water and air together to create a powerful stream when you press the trigger. You will need a few hardware items from a hardware store as well as from a garden supply shop. Your air water gun will only take about an hour to be put together.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Empty 2 litre plastic soda bottle
- Bonding glue
- Garden hose connector
- Garden hose faucet connector cap
- Garden hose
Screw the water hose nozzle onto one of the two ends of the garden hose connector.
Put the garden hose faucet connector cap over the opening of the empty 2 litre plastic soda bottle.
Apply bonding glue around the garden hose faucet connector cap to adhere it to the empty 2 litre plastic soda bottle.
Let the bonding glue set for at least a day.
Screw the other end of the garden hose connector onto the garden house faucet connector cap that is now attached to the empty 2 litre plastic soda bottle.
Go outside. Screw one end of the garden hose onto the bottom connector of the garden hose connector.
Screw the other end of the garden hose onto an outdoor faucet. Turn the faucet on.
Aim the air water gun you have made at a tree or other target in your backyard. Press the trigger of the water hose nozzle to fire a powerful stream of water at your target.
Tips and warnings
- Wear protective goggles to protect your eyes from being hit with the stream of water.
- Do not fire your air water gun at anyone; the stream can cause injuries if the eyes are hit.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for