Making your own BMX foam pit to practice jumps and tricks into can be quite a difficult task, depending on your resources. A foam pit is a great way to be safe while experimenting with new tricks and stunts. This project should take about 10 hours if you have all of the right equipment and materials for a 20-by-30-pit.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Skip Loader
- Plastic tarp--20 by 30 feet
- 1,200 2-by-2-foot cubes of foam
Using the skip loader dig a hole in the ground 8 feet deep and 20 by 30 feet long and wide. Use the pickup to haul away the dirt unless you have a spot to hold a large amount of dirt. Digging a hole in the ground is much more economical than building an upright structure. It requires less upkeep and requires less materials.
Take the foam chunks you have either bought or cut into 2-by-2-foot cubes and begin throwing them into the pit you've dug out. Make sure to not uniform them into neat layers. You want the cubes to be in disarray, because the oddly placed cubes in different formations will enhance the safety of jumps into the pit.
Take the plastic tarp and cover the pit when not using it. This ensures that no water and debris fall into the foam pit. The tarp also keeps all of the foam in place.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure you have an adult or someone with a skip loader operator's license to ensure safety of everyone involved.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for