Honeywell brand security safes offer home and business owners multiple ways to protect important documents, money and other valuables such as jewellery or collectibles. The Honeywell Model 2050 Anti-Theft Safe is a floor- or wall-mounted model that features 0.54 cubic feet of interior storage space protected by a programmable digital keypad on the exterior of the door. Unlocking the Honeywell Model 2050 requires that you enter the factory passcode or a personal passcode on the digital keypad or insert a Emergency Override Key into the bypass lock inside the safe’s battery compartment.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Open your Honeywell Model 2050 Anti-Theft Safe using the factory preset passcode if you're unlocking the safe for the first time. Enter the preset code (159#) on the keypad. When the green LED above the keypad lights up and you hear the lock click, immediately grasp the handle on the knob under the keypad, rotate it clockwise and pull open the door.
Unlock your safe with your personal three- to nine-digit passcode including "#" sign if you have already programmed your safe. Enter the code, turn the knob clockwise immediately after the green LED lights up and you hear the lock click then open the door.
Access the interior of your Honeywell safe via the bypass lock if you forgot your passcode or the keypad isn't working as the result of dead batteries or a broken keypad. Press and push down on the dotted arrow on the battery compartment cover. Remove the batteries. Insert your Emergency Override Key into the bypass lock inside the battery compartment and turn it to the right until you hear the lock click. Turn the knob on the door clockwise and then pull the door open.
Tips and warnings
- If you haven't programmed a personal passcode yet, follow the programming instructions in the "Programming Your Personal Passcode" section of your safe's operation and installation guide.
- If you enter a passcode incorrectly, the amber LED above the keypad blinks rapidly.
- If you enter a passcode incorrectly more than three times the safe locks the keypad—20 seconds (three errors), five minutes (four to six errors) or one hour (seven or more errors). If this happens, wait and then re-enter the passcode again or use your Emergency Override Key.
- Always turn the knob clockwise immediately after the green LED lights up as the safe automatically locks within five seconds of entering a passcode if the knob isn't turned.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for