Is your child really interested in dinosaurs? Here is an idea that will provide some family togetherness at a low cost. Create a dino-themed game called Dino Tar Pit Toss for the whole family with only a package of plastic dinosaurs, a black poster board and a piece of cardboard.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Package of tiny, plastic dinosaurs (See Tip)
- Black poster board
- Piece of cardboard (the same size as the poster)
- Scotch tape
Draw a 1-foot diameter circle onto the center of the cardboard piece with the marker. Cut the circle out with the razor.
Place the cardboard piece over the posterboard. Tape the edges of the cardboard and poster together. You have now created the tar pit.
Play the game. This game can be played with an unlimited number of players, though with more players, someone will have to be a score keeper. Establish a line or a marker that will be the boundary point that no one is allowed to cross. Set the tar pit at least 10 feet away. Each player, one by one, takes a turn tossing the tiny plastic dinosaurs into the tar pit (black circle of poster board). Each one that lands completely in the black circle is worth one point. The player throws as many dinos as they can in 20 seconds. The player can throw one dinosaur at a time or several, but must stop when the other player or scorekeeper calls time. After the time is done, the player's dinosaurs that landed in the tar pit are counted up for points. Then, the tar pit is reset, the dinosaurs are collected and the next player takes a turn. Whoever gets the most dinosaurs into the pit wins. In case of a tie, each tying player throws again.
Creating the Tar Pit and Game Instruction
Tips and warnings
- You will need a lot of tiny, plastic dinosaurs for this game. These are available at dollar and bargain stores. They are very inexpensive. You should find some in 60 count bags. If not, buy enough to provide at least 60 tiny dinosaurs. This game can be played outside of inside, as long as you have enough space. It can be played by as many people as desired, but each must go one at a time.
- Only an adult should handle the razor. Be careful around small children with very small toys as there may be a choking hazard.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for