People love to dress as vampires for Halloween---this is due to their ongoing popularity in culture and the fact that they are typically portrayed as being beautiful. Because vampires resemble humans in many circumstances, it is often very easy to create a great vampire costume. A few pieces of wardrobe and some key vampire elements are all that is necessary to invoke the vampire aesthetic. While many vampires are portrayed in typical human clothing, the traditional vampire is one that dresses in darker colours.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Red lipstick
- Fake blood
- Thin paintbrush
- White face paint
- Black eyeliner, mascara and dark-coloured eyeshadow
- Black or red dress
- Fishnets or black or red stockings
- Black or red shoes or heels
- Black cape or shawl
- Hair curler
- Black or red nail polish
- Fake vampire teeth
- Bat charm necklace and/or bracelet
- Black or red elbow-length gloves
Purchase white face paint, red lipstick, fake blood, a thin paintbrush, black eyeliner and mascara, and a dark-coloured eyeshadow. Apply the white face paint to your face to look as pale as possible---vampires are technically dead, so the paler the better. Apply dark red lipstick to create the appearance of having feasted on blood.
Open the fake blood and place a drop on a piece of paper. Dip the thin paintbrush in the fake blood and apply as much as desired on either side of your mouth. Create jagged lines with the blood as though it were dripping from your mouth.
On your eyes, apply dark eye shadow on your eyelids and black eyeliner along your eyelashes. Apply black mascara to lengthen lashes.
Purchase a dazzling, long black or red dress or select one from your current wardrobe. Combine the dress with fishnet stockings or sheer thigh highs in black or red to create a dramatic effect. Put on black or red high heels or flats to maintain a classy look. Drape a cape or long, black shawl around your shoulders. Make sure the outfit is clean, sensual and glamorous because according to Fibers.com, vampires are always very concerned with beauty.
Purchase a necklace and/or bracelet adorned with a bat charm. Drape this around your neck or wrist so that it can be seen. Paint your fingernails red or black, and remove all jewellery that does not match the vampire aesthetic. Wear long, elbow-length black or red gloves made with silk, satin or lace.
Place the fake vampire teeth in your mouth after you finish putting on all your make-up.
Make Your Vampire Costume Stand Out
Tips and warnings
- If vampire teeth are too inconvenient to use, fangs specifically designed for certain teeth are also available at many costume stores.
- Imageandstylenews.com recommends curling hair in tendrils to replicate the look of many female vampires in movies.
- Make sure your skin is not allergic to the face paint or fake blood. Test these items on a patch of arm skin before applying them to your face.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for