Yahoo! Messenger is a chat program that allows users to text chat, video chat, play games and share photos with their family and friends. If you are new to Yahoo! Messenger, or just want to look up a friend, you can do so from the Yahoo! member directory. The directory is accessible through Messenger, or you can visit the directory through your browser.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Open Messenger. Enter your username and password and click "Sign In."
Select "Contacts" from the menu at the top of your Messenger window and click "Search Yahoo! Member Directory." This opens the member directory so you can begin searching for people.
Click "Find People on Yahoo" at the top of the directory page. Search for a member by their Yahoo! ID, or name. Try both the first and last name together, or one or the other. After making your search selections, click "Find" to open your results page.
Browse the results page until you find the person you are looking for. Click his name to open the profile. To contact him, check if he has his e-mail publicly displayed on his profile. Online users have an instant message link you can click on to send them an instant message.
Tips and warnings
- If you can't find the person on Yahoo! Messenger, try searching her first and last name in quotations through your favourite Web search page.
- Some search results may not appear due to some users choosing to keep their profiles private.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for