Creating a make-up stencil for eyebrows or an intense Halloween look is simple with the right tools. The best thing about creating a make-up stencil is that you don't have to be an artist. Tracing paper and an image of what you want to create are your best friends to complete this task.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Transparency (available at an office supply store)
- Precision cutting knife (available at an art supply store)
Trace the shape you want to create. For brows, this will be done by holding the transparency up to your eyebrow. Using a fine point marker, trace the shape you want to create, leaving the excess brow that will be removed out (so it is visible outside of the stencil).
For an elaborate Halloween look, work from an image found online or in a Halloween book. Trace the images with a marker or a pencil, which will outline the shapes when you press into the transparency.
Cut the shape with your precision cutting knife. Do this carefully, especially if you are working with intricate designs for a Halloween look. Using the point of the knife, press into the transparency and drag across the outline of the shape. Use force, but drag slowly so you end up with clean lines for a precise look.
Apply the stencil to your face. For brows, you can simply hold up the stencil and fill in the areas needed. For a Halloween look, you may want to use double-sided tape to adhere the stencil to the face. Place the tape on the back of the stencil and then press on to the area of the face where you want to create the graphic.
Tips and warnings
- For Halloween looks, practice the art of blending to blend out any harsh lines for a more professional look.
- For Halloween looks, always use a primer all over the face prior to applying make-up to help shapes and graphics stay in place throughout a night of fun.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for