If you love to work on cars you're bound to get car grease stains on your clothing more than once. Grease stains are tough to get out of clothing because they seem to stick to fabric. Removing car grease out of clothing can be a big annoyance if you're unsure how to go about it. Don't waste money buying new clothes; you can rid your clothing of car grease stains with common household cleaning products.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Degreasing liquid dish washing detergent
- Firm bristle brush
Pour degreasing dish washing detergent directly on the car grease. The degreasing liquid dish washing detergent cuts through grease on stain clothing just as it does on dishes.
Allow the detergent to remain on the fabric for 10 minutes.
Wash clothing as you normally would. Prior to drying, check to make sure the stain is entirely gone. If you can still see the stain, repeat steps 1 and 2.
Dish Washing Detergent
Sprinkle cornstarch on the car grease stain and press it into the stain, creating a thick layer. Let set for 24 hours.
Brush off the cornstarch or shake the article of clothing to get the cornstarch off. Launder as you regularly do.
Check to make sure the car grease is gone before drying.
Tips and warnings
- If you work on cars for a living, or even as a hobby, it's best to have clothing just for this activity to not risk ruining your everyday clothing.
- Heat sets stains so be sure the car grease is eliminated before drying.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for