Fixing the slow or non-loading problem with AOL Mail in the Mozilla Firefox browser is achievable with a few simple Internet troubleshooting techniques. One of the most common reasons a page on the Internet won't load is because the browser's cache folder or cookies are full, causing an internal conflict on your computer. Usually, clearing the cache and private data resolves the issue.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Check your Internet connection. Make sure the Internet is active and you can access other websites. if you have no connection, then try unplugging the modem or router, waiting a few seconds and plugging it back in. If this still does not resolve a failed connection, then call the service provider for technical support.
Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser, click "Edit" on the top menu bar and then select "Preferences" from the drop-down list.
Go to the "Privacy" panel and review the settings under the "History" section. Click the "Settings" button to the middle right of the dialogue box.
Check the boxes for the "Cookies" and "Cache" options. Click the "OK" button. The second dialogue box will close.
Check the box next to the "Clear history when Firefox closes" label. Click the "Close" button.
Close the browser and wait a few seconds. Then double-click the Firefox icon to restart the browser.
Go to mail.aol.com in your browser and sign into your AOL Mail account.
Tips and warnings
- If the problem persists after clearing the Firefox cookies and cache, then attempt accessing AOL Mail with a different browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Safari or Google Chrome.
- Restarting the computer to reset the Internet connection is sometimes helpful, because often times an Internet provider will assign a new IP address to your modem or router.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for