Every day new roads are opened and closed permanently to traffic. Unfortunately these updates will not appear on your Garmin GPS device until you update your software. Having the latest software will ensure that you are always taking the most accurate route and that now-closed roads are not included in your directions. This update is performed from your computer via Garmin’s proprietary software that Garmin has made available to users free of charge.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Garmin device
- USB cable provided with GPS unit
- Garmin WebUpdater software
Go to http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=999-99999-27 and download the Garmin WebUpdater software.
Install the Garmin WebUpdater software by clicking on the downloaded file and following the onscreen prompts.
Run the Garmin WebUpdater software.
Connect the Garmin device to the computer using the USB cable that was included with your Garmin device.
Click “Confirm” when prompted to confirm that you would like to perform an update to your device. This will begin the update process, which will download and install automatically.
Disconnect the device from your computer after the software confirms that the update has successfully completed.
Tips and warnings
- You no longer need to download the WebUpdater each time you update as was the case with prior versions. Leave this software installed on your computer for easier updating in the future.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for