Cleaning tile and grout in your bathroom and shower is part of every home's maintenance. Rust stains are usually caused by iron deposits in water. You must use a commercial rust remover to remove most stains; however, if you clean the tile and grout in your house regularly, it will look brand new.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Commercial rust remover powder
- Poultice powder
- Plastic lids
Put on your gloves. Mix 1 tbsp of rust remover powder with 2 tbsp of poultice powder to help prevent damage to your tile. Add small amounts of water, and mix until the powder has the texture of a paste.
Apply the paste to the rust stains. You can apply the paste with your hands as long as you are wearing gloves.
Cover the rust stains with your plastic lids. Leave the plastic lids and paste on the rust stains for 24 hours.
Clean up the paste with a sponge and water. Repeat the process for another 24 hours if the rust remains.
Tips and warnings
- Poultice for cleaning purposes is made out of Diatomaceous earth. It is naturally occurring and is not harmful to you.
- Wear gloves while working with any chemicals.
- Avoid contact with your eyes and mouth.
- Open a window and have plenty of ventilation while working.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for