Vachetta leather is a type of leather that is most often used on the handles and trimmings of handbags and luggage. Unlike other types of leather, it is left untreated. Upscale handbag and luggage designers, such as Coach and Louis Vuitton, have popularised the usage of vachetta leather. Because the leather is not treated, it must be cleaned carefully.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Pencil eraser
- Leather conditioner
Wipe the surface of the leather in a single direction with a clean, white cloth to remove surface dirt and debris.
Gently rub a white pencil eraser over the leather to remove any smudges that do not come off with the damp cloth.
Apply a leather conditioner to a clean, soft cloth after removing surface dirt. Rub the cloth into the vachetta leather using a circular motion.
Wipe away the residue using a clean cloth.
Gently buff with the cloth to add a soft sheen to the leather.
Tips and warnings
- Do not allow any soaps, leather cleaner or large water droplets to touch vachetta leather, as it will cause permanent staining.
- Leather conditioner may alter the colour of vachetta leather.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for