It happens. Someone has a nosebleed or a cut, and suddenly blood stains are on your white carpet. Do not allow the stain to sit any longer than necessary. In fact, you can quickly make your own stain remover from household items you have on hand. Vinegar, liquid detergent, baking soda or shaving cream are items you can use to remove the blood stain quickly. Speed is more important than the specific ingredients.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- White distilled vinegar
- Liquid detergent
- Baking soda
- White Foam shaving cream
- White cloths
- Plastic container
Blot up any blood that has not soaked in using a dry, white towel.
Dampen a towel with white distilled vinegar, and dab at the blood stain until no more comes up.
Rub with a paste of vinegar and baking soda if the stain persists. Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
Wipe paste up with a damp towel, and see if the stain is gone.
Make a solution of 1 tsp liquid detergent and 1 tsp white distilled vinegar in one pt. of water in a plastic container if blood remains.
Apply the solution to the stain with a soft brush or white towel and rub gently.
Rinse with a damp towel using clean water.
Blot up excess moisture, and dry quickly using a hair dryer or a fan if the stain is completely gone. If not, repeat steps.
Blot up any blood that has not soaked in with dry white towel.
Squirt white foamy shaving cream on the blood stain.
Let it sit for approximately 15 minutes.
Dampen a white towel with warm water, and gently rub the stain.
Blot the area with a damp towel until all the foam is removed.
Let it dry completely, and vacuum the residue.
Tips and warnings
- Get to the blood stain as quickly as possible with whatever you have on hand. Applying club soda to the stain, or sprinkling salt on it and spraying a 50/50 water and hydrogen peroxide mix will work too.
- Adding too much liquid to a blood stain spreads it and makes it harder to clean. Pretest solutions on a carpet remnant if possible. Do not use glass cleaner or any other coloured cleaner or shaving gel on light coloured carpet.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for