Routers are ideal for applying decorative edges to wood. Some router operations are easier done by hand, while others are easier (and safer) if the router is mounted in a router table. Installing a router plate into nearly any flat table surface can serve as a router table.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Fixed-base router
Disconnect the router from the power outlet.
Loosen the locking mechanism and remove the fixed base from your router motor.
Place the router base upside down on a table. Loosen the three screws on the bottom plate of the base, and remove the plate.
Center the router table plate over the base, and align the three perimeter holes with the holes in the router base.
Install the three screws to fasten the router table plate to the fixed router base.
Re-insert the motor into the router base, and tighten the locking mechanism.
Tips and warnings
- If you have a plunge-base router, you may be able to use it with the router table plate, as long as the three holes in the plate match the holes in the bottom of the plunge base.
- Always disconnect the router motor from power before performing any maintenance on the router. Also, when working with power tools, always wear appropriate safety gear, including safety glasses.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for