A fake wine spill that fits in your pocket can be tossed anywhere--like a tabletop, a white couch or a rug--to fool your friends. You could even attach a wineglass on its side for a less portable, but more impressive looking spill. It's a classic prank for April Fool's Day or any day you want to pull some mischief.
The key to a realistic-looking fake wine spill is to use a clear base and pigment and then colour the base a deep red wine colour.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Small white bowl
- Non-toxic clear gel glue (like Aleene's or Elmer's)
- Red gel food colouring
- Green gel food colouring
- Blue food colouring
- Cling film
- Plate or baking tray
- Wine glass (optional)
- Red wine (optional)
Pour approximately 1/4-cup of gel glue into the bowl.
Dip a toothpick into the red gel food colouring and mix it into the glue. Dip another into the blue gel food colouring and mix it in. Repeat, adding a smaller amount of green gel colour, if necessary, until the glue becomes the desired, even colour. Fake wine should be dark. Pour a few drops of red wine onto a white plate, if possible, as a reference colour.
Pour the coloured glue into a "spill" on a plate lined tightly with cling film so there are no wrinkles. If desired, put a small amount of glue in a wine glass and set it on its side on the spill near the edge. You may need to use a lined baking tray if using a wine glass. Set in a cool, dry place for up to a week.
Peel the dried spill from the plastic once it's completely set. It's now ready for use.
Tips and warnings
- If the gel glue you're using is tinted blue, but dries clear, make the fake wine slightly more blue than you want when mixing.
- Gel food colouring is recommended over liquid food colouring because of the dark wine colour. Too much liquid colouring may dilute the glue to the point that it won't set properly.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for