According to an article published in the December 2010 issue of "Psychology Today," couples need certain things to stay connected: love, intimacy, sex and romance. Many times, romance is more prevalent at the beginning of a relationship, but over time, the romance can die down. You may feel the romance has fizzled with your boyfriend. Be proactive and bring the romance back into your life.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Plan a romantic dinner. Make your boyfriend's favourite foods. Set the table with a nice tablecloth and a flower or candle centrepiece. Put on some soothing music, such as jazz or classical.
Relive your first date. This will evoke feelings of the magical evening you first spent together. Go to all the places you originally went. Reminisce together about your first date.
Make your own drive-in experience. You can do this with a laptop or a portable DVD player. Take your boyfriend to a secluded area and pop in a movie. Bring popcorn and drinks and enjoy your evening under the stars.
Surprise him with an unexpected trip. Tell him you are taking him for a ride and just go. Don't plan anything. Drive for as long as you want. Be spontaneous and enjoy the freedom of an unplanned trip.
Play a game, but change the rules. For instance, play twister, but try different ways of twisting to bring you closer. Play monopoly with a twist. When one person lands on the other's property, the payment is in the form of a hug, embrace or kiss. Be creative and think of forms of payment.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- "Psychology Today"; The Four Corners of a Loving Relationship; Barton Goldsmith, Ph.D.; December 2010
- "Redbook"; Forty-Three Date Night Ideas
- "Psychology Today"; Ten Tips for Cool and Inexpensive Wintertime Fun for Couples; Barton Goldsmith, Ph.D.; December 2009
- "Psychology Today"; Ten Ways to Make Your Relationship Magically Romantic; Barton Goldsmith, Ph.D.; October 2010