By default, Yahoo! Messenger saves your chat history but deletes it each time you sign out. If your chat history doesn't clear when you sign out, you may have inadvertently changed your settings. Yahoo! Messenger offers several options for managing your chat history, and you can also manually delete the history. If you don't want Yahoo! to record your chat sessions, please see the Tips section.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Sign in to Yahoo! Messenger.
Click on "Contacts" at the top part of the Messenger control panel.
Select "Message Archive." This folder stores your most recent and saved chat history.
Choose the message you want to delete, and click "Delete." If you want to delete all the messages in your history, drag your mouse to highlight them all and then click "Delete."
Tips and warnings
- If you don't want Yahoo! Messenger to save your chat history, click on the tab labeled "Messenger." Choose "Preferences" and then "Archive." Select "Off" to stop saving your chat history.
- Deleting a chat history only deletes it from your account and your computer. If the person you chatted with saved the conversation, there is nothing you can do about it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for