If the headlights on a Porsche Boxter burn out while you are driving, you could end up in a serious car accident; however, predicting a headlight burnout is nearly impossible. A few signs that your Boxter's headlights may burn out include moisture building up inside the headlight housing assembly. Excessive moisture can cause the headlight bulb to short out. Purchase replacement headlights from some auto parts stores or from your Porsche dealership.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Replacement HID headlight
Open the bonnet of your Porsche Boxter. Unplug the power connector that runs to the back of the Boxter's headlight ballast on the HID bulb.
Pry the dust cover off of the back of the HID headlight.
Turn the headlight collar counterclockwise and pull the headlight bulb out of the headlight housing assembly.
Insert the new HID headlight and turn it clockwise to lock it into the housing.
Replace the dust cover over the back of the housing assembly.
Reconnect the power connector to the back of the HID headlight.
Tips and warnings
- Do not touch the glass portion of the replacement bulb because the oils from your fingers will cause the headlight to explode inside the housing assembly once the headlights are turned on.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for