Egyptian style gave us some iconic looks that have translated into today's fashion world. The simple, clean lines of an Egyptian princess style can be an elegant look to recreate. There are some easy steps you can take in order to dress like Egyptian royalty.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Basic white dress
- Gold chain belt
- Egyptian-inspired accessories
- Gold headband or gold chain
- Black kohl eyeliner
- Black mascara
Begin with a basic white seamless dress, preferably with thin straps; or a tube dress would be perfect. The dress should be form-fitting and can be made of linen, cotton or silk. Egyptian style starts with a very basic piece and then is played up with accessories and make-up.
Pair your simple dress with a gold chain belt at the waist with a dangling end.
Add some bangle bracelets or armlets. Gold was often worn by Egyptian royalty. Choose either a bib-type or collar necklace with natural gemstones like turquoise, carnelian and lapis lazuli. Add an anklet bracelet as well. For earring style, wear simple gold hoops.
Go with delicate-strapped sandals, thong-style, especially in a gold colour.
Add a thin gold headband around your forehead or, if you have a thin gold chain, you can tie it around your head and secure it with hair clips.
Use black kohl eyeliner to outline your eyes in a cat's-eye fashion, extending the line beyond your lids and slightly upward. Make the lines thick and then add a few coats of black mascara for long, thick lashes.
Tips and warnings
- Egyptians royalty typically wore black wigs. If you don't want to go as dramatic as dyeing your hair or wearing a wig, the best haircut to pull off an Egyptian princess look is a dramatic blunt bob that sits just above your shoulders.
- If you have long hair, tie it up in a dramatic high ponytail or bun.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for