Turbo Kick is a pre-designed group exercise format that combines kick-boxing and a few dance elements. You can become a Turbo Kick Instructor with only one day of training. If you participate in a Turbo Kick class or do the workouts at home, here is your chance to become an instructor. There are no prerequisites to complete before the training, but there are steps in the process to make sure you get trained at a time and place that is most convenient for you.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Notebook and pen
- Light food/snacks
- Workout towel
- Workout shoes
- Several changes in workout clothes
Decide if you want to complete your training at home or in person. Powder Blue Productions, the company that does Turbo Kick Instructor training, gives you home or in-person options to fit your schedule. If there are no training classes close to you, then you may want to consider the at-home option. But if you decide to study at home, you may also decide later to test at a live training for an additional fee within one year of purchasing the home study course.
Locate the in-person training closest to you. You can click on the map on the website to find training classes in your state. For a list of live trainings, click on the "Powder Blue Productions: Calendar of Events" link in the Resources section.
Register for the Turbo Kick Instructor training you would like to attend. There is a discount if you register up to two weeks before the training so you pay £122. After that, the price goes up to £148. And if you are an employee of the host facility, your price is £103. These are the prices as of 2010.
Claim your continuing education credits and record of completion (good for two years). If you are certified as an American Council on Exercise or Aerobics and Fitness Association of America instructor, you can receive continuing education credits for attending a live training (0.7 for American Council on Exercise and 7.5 for Aerobics and Fitness Association of America).
Follow the suggestions in the follow up/confirmation e-mail to get your body in shape for the all-day training. This includes bringing a notebook and pen, water, light/high energy food snacks, aerobic/cross-trainer/basketball shoes, several changes in workout clothes, and a workout towel. The follow up e-mail also contains a link to the Turbo Kick Instructor Manual to download. Instructor results are mailed four to six weeks after training is completed.
Tips and warnings
- Bring more food and water than you think you will need.
- Bring a source of electrolytes or quick carbohydrates such as Gatorade.
- You do not have to be a group fitness trainer to take this training.
- Take advantage of discounts and offers from the company on training day and after the training.
- Let the presenter know before training starts if you have any medical conditions, such as asthma or diabetes, that you may need to address throughout the day.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for