The Sony Bravia W-Series flat-screen television is equipped with 10 different connection ports for hooking up different types of audio-video equipment and accessories, including headphones for private listening. The Bravia TV models feature a set of composite AV jacks and a headphone jack along the edge of the cabinet. Plugging in a set of headphones will automatically shut off the Bravia's two built-in speakers. An adaptor is needed to use the Bravia's 1/4-inch headphone jack with headphones that come with a 3.5mm mini-plug.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Headphone adaptor from RCA-type 1/4-inch plug to 3.5mm mini-jack
Turn off the Bravia W-series television with the remote control or by pressing the "Power" button on the front control panel.
Plug in the adaptor to the headphone jack on the side panel of the Bravia. Use the green jack at the bottom, next to the icon of a set of headphones.
Insert the 3.5mm miniplug on a set of headphones into the jack on the back of the adaptor. The Bravia's built-in speakers shut off while headphones are connected.
Tips and warnings
- The adaptor is not needed when using headphones with a 1/4-inch audio plug.
- Don't unplug the headphones while the TV is in use. This protects the speakers from a sudden power surge, especially if the TV is also connected to a home theatre system with full-size speakers.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for