DC shoes are popping up everywhere.These are a brand of skateboard shoe that is breaking barriers and being worn by everyone from trendy teens to mega music artists. There are many bright colour combinations or you can find them in simple black. Make a fashion statement by straight-lacing your DC shoes. The colour of the laces is up to you.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- DC shoes
- Scissors (optional)
Remove the laces from both shoes. Start with one shoe; after you get the technique down, do the other shoe the same way.
Feed one end of the lace through the top hole on one side so the lace runs under the shoelace holes. Run the other end through the other top hole. Be sure both ends are now running under the shoelace holes.
Take one side and run it directly under the hole you just threaded the lace through. Once it shows, lace it directly across from the hole it came up from. Skip a hole and run the lace up through the next hole. Bring the lace up and run it directly across from the hole you just brought it up from.
Skip a hole on the side the lace is already on. Bring it up through. Stop when you come to the end of the eyelets. Repeat Step 3 until you get to the end.
Do the opposite side of the shoe the same way. Simply fill in the available holes and be sure to run the laces under so they only show parallel lines on the top of the shoe when you are finished.
Once both loose ends are at the bottom of the shoe, tie it as you usually would or you can keep the laces under the last two holes. Tie two small knots to keep them from slipping through the holes and cut off the extra lace.
Tips and warnings
- Be sure to keep the laces a little loose because you will want to slip the shoe on and off easily. This technique will not allow you to pull the laces tight once you are finished.
- Unfortunately if you find you can't get your shoe on after you are finished, pull the laces out and do the steps all over again, just be sure to keep it looser the second time around.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for