There is nothing better than watching your favourite television shows on a state-of-the-art LCD television. LCD televisions provide vibrant colours and lifelike images. That is why it can be so heartbreaking to notice a scratch or imperfection on your television screen. Replacing a screen can be very expensive, but luckily there are a few methods that you can use to repair your own screen. These methods are quick and inexpensive so you will be enjoying your favourite shows again in no time.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Soft clean eraser
- Damp lint-free rag
- Clean lint-free rag
- Petroleum jelly
- Cotton balls
Clean your LCD screen with a damp lint-free rag.
Dry screen with a dry lint-free rag.
Rub the scratch with a soft clean eraser.
Continue rubbing area until the scratch disappears.
Clean the screen with a damp lint-free rag.
Dry the screen using a dry lint-free rag.
Apply petroleum jelly to a clean cotton ball.
Fill the scratch with petroleum jelly from the cotton ball using gentle strokes.
Use a clean cotton ball to wipe excess petroleum jelly from the screen without removing any from the scratch.
Petroleum Jelly Method
Tips and warnings
- These methods can be used to repair both LCD television screens as well as LCD monitor screens. Keep in mind that the petroleum jelly method may be a temporary fix and may require reapplication.
- Use only a clean eraser. Using a dirty eraser could leave smudges and stains on your LCD screen.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for