Green, yellow, red, blue and orange fruits and vegetables---a rainbow of nature's products make up the contents of this beautiful decorative oil bottle. A clear glass decorative bottle filled with an assortment of vegetables and fruits in mineral oil is a unique and fashionable gift or decorative accent for your own kitchen. Use fresh peppers, fresh fruits and frozen carrots to make up this beautiful and colourful produce accent bottle.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Wide-mouthed glass bottle with cork
- Fresh jalapeños
- Fresh banana peppers
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh blueberries
- Frozen carrot slices
- Mineral oil
- Candle wax or hot glue gun
Rinse any dirt from the fresh jalapeños, banana peppers, strawberries and blueberries. Air dry on a dish towel or paper towels.
Place a handful of frozen carrot slices onto a dish towel. Allow the carrot slices to thaw. Throw away any carrot slices with ugly spots.
Arrange the jalapeños and banana peppers inside a clean wide-mouthed glass bottle. Drop a few strawberries, blueberries and carrot slices into the bottle. Add as many of each fruit or vegetable as desired.
Add mineral oil. Fill the bottle to approximately ½ inch from the rim of the bottle. Put the cork in the bottle.
Seal the edges of the cork with hot candle wax. Alternatively, drop a line of hot glue around the cork.
Tips and warnings
- For additional decoration, tie a bit of raffia or colourful ribbon around the bottle.
- You may wish to label the bottle so no one attempts to eat the contents. Write "Not Edible," "Do Not Eat" or "For Decoration Only" on a mailing label and place it on the back or bottom of the bottle.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for