MetroCards are used as passes for subway systems around the world. The MetroCard is swiped each time a person prepares to board a subway system. The balance is deducted from the card's available funds, as there is a toll charge for each ride. It's easy to lose track of this balance, but MetroCard balances can be checked online.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- MetroCard account number
Go to the MetroCard Balance website.
Locate the MetroCard account number above or below the black strip on the back of the card.
Type the MetroCard account number into the blank data form on the MetroCard balance check resource page. Enter the account number exactly as it appears on the back of the card.
Click the "Go" button to the right of the data form. When the browser screen redirects, the card's balance will be displayed.
Tips and warnings
- Only Canterbury MetroCard balances can be checked online. New York MTA MetroCard balances cannot be checked online. These balances, however, can be checked at any MetroCard reader or station booth, or by phone.
- Phone numbers vary for checking MTA MetroCard balances by phone, as each MetroCard plan has different contact information.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for