Unfortunately, Microsoft Windows does not support typing in Tamil using an English keyboard. Furthermore, while there are a number of different programs and websites available that allow you to type in Tamil, the vast majority of these require that you use your mouse to select each letter.
To use your English keyboard to write in Tamil, your best option is to use Tachyon Technologies' Quillpad. As you type, Quillpad will convert the English alphabet into Tamil.
- Skill level:
Type "Quillpad.in" into your browser's address bar to navigate to Quillpad. From the "Select a Language" drop down, click "Tamil."
Click the "Launch Editor" button to open the typing application.
Begin typing in Tamil. The editor will automatically convert your transliterated text to Tamil as you type. As you're typing, if the text editor offers more than one option for a word, simply use the directional pad on your keyboard to select the word you want to use.
Tips and warnings
- To save your document, you must become a member of the website.
- You can copy the text from the editor and paste it in a different application once you are finished writing.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for