Epsom salt can ease muscle pain, reduce inflammation and flush toxins from your system. When combined with the therapeutic properties of a jet tub, Epsom salt are the perfect remedy for a sore or stressed body. Although it's safe to use Epsom salt in your jacuzzi, you'll need to take precautions to ensure that residue from the salt doesn't harden inside your whirlpool jet system.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 2 cups Epsom salt
- Plastic pitcher
Close the drain on your jet tub and turn on the water as warm as you can comfortably soak in, adding in 2 cups of Epsom salt under the running water.
Fill the tub until the water completely covers the highest jet.
Soak in the tub for a minimum of 12 minutes.
Drain the tub, and rinse it with clean water from a plastic pitcher. Dry the top and sides of the jet tub with a towel.
Tips and warnings
- Every 10th time you use your jet tub, use plain water so that any Epsom salt residue in the jet system is flushed out.
- If your tub is oversized, use 4 cups of Epsom salt instead of 2.
- Always use a plastic pitcher to rinse your tub so that it won't break if you drop it in the tub.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for