Creating your own lapel pin kits is a fun and easy way to make money in your own crafting business. Sell your lapel pin kits on craft websites or online auction sites for competitive prices. Also sell them at local craft fairs or school festivals. Crafters enjoy purchasing lapel pin kits, and jewellery kits, as all of the necessary components to make the lapel pin are available in one bag for quick pin construction.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Flat-face tie tack pin
- Tie tack clutch back
- Plastic zipper bag
- Button, jewel, other embellishment for lapel pin
- Packet or tube of super glue
- 2-by-2 jewellery zipper plastic bag
- Card stock or self-adhesive label
Type and print the instructions on a 3-by-3 piece of card stock for your lapel pin kit for inclusion in the kit. Place this card into the plastic zipper bag.
Place the tie tack pin and the tie tack clutch back in the small jewellery zipper plastic bag. Put the button, jewel, etc., to be used as the lapel pin decoration into the small jewellery zipper plastic bag. Place the filled small jewellery bag into the plastic sandwich zipper bag.
Place the tube or packet of super glue into the plastic sandwich zipper bag. Close the bag.
Type and print either on a piece of card stock or on a self-adhesive label the name of the lapel pin kit, the crafter or craft company, website, etc. Staple the card stock to the top of the plastic sandwich bag or stick the self-adhesive label to the front of the bag.
Tips and warnings
- Include a colour photo on the instructions card or in the bag to give the crafter an example of the lapel pin she is constructing. The photo gives the kit a more professional quality and gives the crafter something with which to compare the pin she is making. If you have different kits for purchase, also include photos of other kits with ordering information to let your customers/crafters know what other lapel pin kits you have available.
- When pricing your kits, you want to earn your money back from the supplies purchased to make the kits, plus a margin of profit. Browse the Internet to price similar kits to get a good idea of what lapel pin kits are selling for. You don't want to sell yourself short, but you don't want to be the most expensive kit on the market, either.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for