No matter how powerful the spirits, it is relatively easy to remove them by calling on truth and light. Problems occur when spirits are given permission to remain, even subconsciously. Spirits are aware of the thoughts of the living, and they learn from experience. To clear spirits from a house, both attitude and actions count.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Dried sage bundle wrapped with red yarn
- Matches or lighter
- Abalone shell
Clean up the home. Clear any clutter out, because spirits are attracted to disorganisation, which is the state they are in.
Purify the home by lighting a bundle of sage leaves and twigs. Use the smoke to "bathe" all interior and exterior walls, doors, and windows, or smudge them with the ash.
Hold the sage in a natural shell, such as an abalone, as it is carried from room to room. Loose sage leaves can also be used.
Use a large natural feather to sweep the smoke toward the walls and around the body of any occupants of the house. An eagle feather is ideal, but their use is restricted to members of the Native American Church. Many hawk feathers are large enough, or a turkey feather will do.
Offer prayers of devotion, as well as prayers for the benefit of those being asked to leave while smudging.
Clean and Purify
Every morning and night ask that light surround the house and its occupants and remove spirits and energies that are harmful.
Ask that spirits leave by reciting clearing words or a prayer. One example can be found in spiritualist Pamela Chilton's book "Odyssey of the Soul." If religious symbols seem important, use them.
Repeat as many times as is needed.
Tips and warnings
- When communicating with negative spirits, undue interest or obsession is an invitation for them to stay. Using Ouija boards or otherwise focusing on spirit abilities can make things worse. Release tension by doing activities that bring joy to life; go places, find recreation and hobbies, and give attention to relationships with living people.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for