Saab is a Swedish auto manufacturer founded in 1947. The company is well-known for its history of building aircraft before producing automobiles. Some of the popular Saab vehicles, such as the Saab 9-3, use a power antenna that extends when the vehicle is cranked and retracts when it is turned off.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Hand towel
- Replacement Saab antenna
Engage the parking brake and disconnect the negative battery cable.
Open the boot and pull back the trim from the driver's side of the boot liner. Disconnect the locking nut connecting the antenna cable to the antenna motor.
Wrap the hand towel around the base of the power antenna base. Use the pliers to loosen the fastener. Remove the fastener and the washer beneath it.
Pull the antenna through the feed hole and set aside.
Feed the new antenna cable into the mount and secure the washer and fastener around it.
Connect the cable to the antenna motor. Replace the boot liner trim and reconnect the negative battery cable.
Tips and warnings
- If your antenna is still not working, it is likely a faulty antenna motor, rather than the antenna.
- Use only Saab replacement parts to ensure compatibility.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for